No picture this time, but I noted down the name =)
Description from the internet:
Heavy weight bottle, full, rich, lashings of raspberry and blueberry. Great length. Alcohol 13.5%.
My Thoughts:
Excluding Black Nobel, so far this is far superior than the Pinot Noir(Argentina), Carmenere(Chilie), and Merlot(French) I had. Perhaps personal preferences may explain?? Carbenet Sauvignon, full bodied, rich flavor, high acidity and high tannin. These are the words decribing the core cabernet sauvignon I guess. From the good stuff I drank, the woody aroma covered the fruity flavor of the wine itself. At first I was confused, it wasn't the earthy soil aroma that Carmenere brought, yet not as fresh smelling as Pinot Noir that I had. It is just heavy oaked, woody aroma I shall say. The fruity profile does came along after a while, but not as strong. However, the wine itself provided the crimson, warm red color which is not as colorful as Carmenere I had. Made the mouth feel a little harsh, has a little bitter onto its taste and the finished was rough yet satisfying. Now I know my flavor profile for wine: Heavy bodied, rich flavor, and probably not something sweet and sour like White Zin or other white wines.
Cheers~~~
grab a glass and drink ma friend =)
8 years ago
